Do you think that God will not forgive YOU? Then read about the forgiveness factor.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
- Jesus Christ
What do you think? Was Jesus telling the truth?
He did say those words, and as we closely look at them, He asserts that he is the only way to the Father! Neither your way, my way, any church's way, or any other religion will get us to the Father: only Jesus! Here's one reason why:
We are all sinners! -Romans 3:10 is certainly clear on that point! Not one human of Adam's children is righteous. Sure, there have been many great people and some really saintly religious leaders, but we are all sinners. Because Mary conceived Jesus the Christ (Christ means Messiah) by the Holy Spirit and not by the help of a male, Christ became "the second man" (see 1 Corinthians 15:47), He is the way.
The first step we take towards salvation (being saved from our sins and hell) is to realize that we are sinners, all of us. I am sure you will agree.
Next, as we see in John 14:6 (and other passages such as Acts 4:10-12 and John 10:8), Jesus is the only answer for salvation.
Of course, this must be accepted by faith, but then, that is what the Bible says pleases God (Hebrews 11:6), and the only way to God.
Faith is the main point, and by the Bible demonstrates in Hebrews 11 that the type of faith we need is not just one of a head or mind belief, but a heart belief that moves us to action. The faith must be in Christ alone, not our own works, not in what any church or religion says, what society says, or anything else.
To be saved, become born again, we must admit we are sinners, be truly sorry for our sin, ask God to forgive us, and ask Christ to come into our lives, our heart (the center of our being), be our King and live through us (See Romans 10:9-10). Then we should, by Jesus living through us (See Galatians 2:20) respond to the Holy Spirit and obey the Word of God.
If you are not sure how to pray, use the following as a guide:
Father, forgive me for being a sinner. I ask you to cleanse me and I ask Jesus Christ to come into my heart and make me new. Thank you Father for what you have done for me. I love you. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.
If you have really meant what you have prayed, if you have really committed your life to Christ, then you are indeed a Christian. Determine that, no matter what anyone else does, you are going to follow Christ and Him alone, thinking and acting like Him.
Now that you have accepted Christ, you should
1. Read The Bible -The Bible now becomes food for you. There will be many things you will not understand at first, but ask God to help you, and keep reading. The more you read, the more you will understand. A good place to start is the Gospel of John and 1 John. It is recommended that you use the New King James Version unless you do want to try the wording in the King James. Some like the New International Version (NIV), but research has shown that for the New Testament, it does not always hold true to the Greek. Passages that the Holy Spirit carefully expressed in the manuscripts in such a way to describe aspects of the Trinity, prophecy, holiness, and other matters, become muddled in the NIV.
2. Worship God Everyday!- The relationship you have with God is one of love. He loved you first, and if you're saved, He gives you the ability to love Him back. Worship Him. Sing to Him. Lift up your hands and praise the Name of Jesus. And, yes, you most certainly can say hallelujah! Rejoice in the Lord. Thank God for Who He is, what He has done, and what He will do.
3. Find A Bible Believing Church and Attend It -This one is a bit more difficult, but look at this statement of faith from Zion Fellowship International. If that link does not work, look around on their site for the proper link. The statement is an example of solid belief in the Word of God and not the word of man. Some of those points in that statement of faith are very unpopular, because the flesh of man does not want to hear the truth.
Of course, you can look at our Basic Statement of Fundamental Truths. We have one specifically set aside for the marriage and the family. The complete Statement of Fundamental Truths will list ample Holy Scripture for all of those items.
At least find one that really believes in the essentials: Belief in one God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), Jesus is the only way to salvation, the Bible is the Word of God an the ultimate authority, salvation comes by the grace of God and not by works or an organization, and holiness, without which no one shall see God (Hebrews 12:14).
4. Start Serving God-Be willing to do anything, small or big, for the kingdom of God. Personally, you can start to pray for people and pass out tracts. Visit nursing homes and other institutions. Do something in church.
5. Be Baptized In Water (Mark 16:16)- If you read verses on water baptism carefully and in their context, you will see that water baptism does not save you, and does not gain for you eternal life. However, if you follow through with the simple command of being baptized in water, it is more likely that you will continue to obey God.
6. Be Baptized in the Holy Ghost (Spirit)- The baptism of the Holy Ghost, with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues, is for every Christian. Among other things, it empowers one to witness. This gift of the Holy Ghost, first mentioned in the Book of Acts Chapter 2, is different from the Gift of Tongues mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12 to 14.
7. Witness For Jesus- Tell others about Jesus Christ. If you are too shy, pass out tracts at first. Mainly, witness by your life!
If you have accepted Christ as your Saviour, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: 1405 Race Street, Cambridge, MD. 21613
410-228-3728 Pete Macinta, Pastor 410-228-5812
© 2009-2010 Cornerstone Assembly